Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory



I've had mixed experiences with Philippa Gregory books.  But, by and large, her historical novels based on events in the 15th Century are fantastic reads.  The Kingmaker's Daughter is about Anne Neville who ends up Queen of England to Richard III (of the lost boys in the Tower fame/notoriety).

I wasn't gripped by the book until the second half when I became absolutely hooked – which made up for the slowish start.

What is amazing is that this author gets you immersed in the period without any feeling of being deliberately educated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with her books. Some are really good, some...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the quality of her books is a bit spotty, but, on the whole, I have enjoyed them. She does have the capacity of making that period of history come to life.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers