Sunday 9 April 2017

Roasted Tomatoes

Carole's Chatter: Roasted Tomatoes


Due to a bit of a tomato glut, I decided to do something different – different for me, that is.  These Roasted Tomatoes looked nice but the great surprise was just how tasty in a different way they were – quite different from fresh.

Ingredients:

Tomatoes – I used a mix of cherry and other
Chilli oil
Garlic oil
Extra virgin olive oil
Sherry vinegar (about half of the quantity of the combined oils)
Salt and pepper
Fresh herbs for garnish

Method:

Mix the oil, vinegar and seasonings in a bowl.  Toast the tomatoes about in the bowl until they are well covered.

Roast on a baking sheet in a single layer in a hottish oven for around 10 to 15 minutes.  They should have burst a bit and have released a bit of moisture.

It probably wasn't ideal to use different sizes of tomato but it still seemed to work ok. Garnish with some chopped herbs.

We ate these hot with our dinner as a side and the next day as part of a pasta sauce.

7 comments:

  1. My cherry tomatoes are petering out now, but I want to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and flavorful way to enjoy summer's bounty of tomatoes. Will have to keep this idea in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They go very nicely with grilled prawns (or shrimp as you call them) too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cherry tomatoes and this sounds like a perfect and easy way to shake things up a little, I bet they would be great in a salad as well. Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like roasted tomatoes -- it's a great way to use up all that garden abundance. I bet these would be good with pasta or rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roasted tomatoes and even more often, I cook them in a pan with olive oil and herbs until they burst and toss them on pasta or zucchini noodles--so good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to roast tomato with a bit of garlic on it. Great for salads or a side.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers